Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reading Scheme

Does anyone know of a good Reading Scheme for reception children. I have bought the Jelly and Bean reading scheme, but on the fourth book they tend to jump from words like cat, hat and log to quack and other harder words. I hear that the Oxford books are the same as Jelly and Bean books. Instead :o they should be concentrating on giving the children lots of practice on CVC's and initial blends.

Many thanks

Gill

Does anyone know of a good Reading Scheme for reception children.  I have bought the Jelly and Bean reading scheme, but on the fourth book they tend to jump from words like cat, hat and log to quack and other harder words. I hear that the Oxford books are the same as Jelly and Bean books. Instead  :o  they should be concentrating on giving the children lots of practice on CVC's and initial blends.

Many thanks

Gill

37040[/snapback]

We bought in Rigby reading scheme last year and the children love them. (Rigby Star and Rigby Rockets)

They have key words for the children to learn and instructions to help parents for home reading.

http://www.myprimary.co.uk/schemehome.asp?p=1399

http://www.myprimary.co.uk/resources.asp?p...B-8DBA4E5CFFDB}

Edited by MARl0N

We use a range of books mainly ORT, New Way and Ginn plus a few other odd books. We usually begin with picture books so the children get used to telling stories of their own and using pictures etc and then build up from there.

Jo

We use Sound start- possibly by Nelson???

They are a nice progressiveset of books- with software to support- the child is able to read the book on the computer and do a follow up activity which reinforces the learning of new words. Although we have a litte trouble running the software- with error messages etc- but once its loaded it works ok.

Lorna

we also use Story Steps - a good selection of NF as well as F - we use these alongside the Rigby books which ar fantastic - much better than the Ginn 360 we had when i first started at the school - there are only so many times u can read the 'look' book!!!!!!! (however we still use these for home reading scheme?)

Sarah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)