Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Display For Sand Area

I have a small display board by the sand pit at child height (unusual in my classroom). I announced boldly that I was going to make an interactive display to go with the sand, but now have no ideas at all. Has anyone done anything like this ? What display (if any) do you have in your sand area. We have a choice of tools available, so it could be linked to that, or some kind or challenge, or our theme (bears). Thanks :o

What about natural objects - stones, rocks, different coloured sand, shells

or Seaside theme bucket and spade, arm bands, flip flops.

Materials - Things made from wood

I have attached a cople of pictures all the shells and wooden objects have come from jumble sales.

What about natural objects - stones, rocks, different coloured sand, shells

or Seaside theme bucket and spade, arm bands, flip flops.

Materials - Things made from wood

I have attached a cople of pictures all the shells and wooden objects have come from jumble sales.

post-1979-1124968291_thumb.jpg

post-1979-1124968762_thumb.jpg

Fantastic Mimi!

I can't think of a better reason to go to jumble sales!

Do the children spend a lot of time handling the objects and looking at them?

Maz

Yes they do Maz especially when the display is new. I also pass around the objects in group time and we talk about them. The only rule we have is that all objects must be returned to the display, children are trusted to be careful with objects but sometimes things get broken but that is not an issue. They are usually very good.

hi there

I too have a velcro board in the sand area and have made letters out of sand paper and fur to create a feely board. i have then put a table in front of this and bought some coloured sand and some trays from b&Q so the children can make patterns in the sand. could change it for numbers as well!!

hope this helps

charlotte :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)