Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children's intertests

Guest griffclan

Guest griffclan

can I just ask how do people record children's interests... or don't you?

I understand about planning from the children's intetrests and are fine with this I'm just not sure if this should be documented and if so how. Also do you all look at interests for every child every week or just what comes up that week as obvious interests from whoever.... problem I see with that is you might always be focussing on interests of same children .

don't want to create lots of paper work recording if not needed. any enlightenment gratefully appreciated!!!

Each child in my group has a clear plastic box screwed onto the wall. In these are their learning journeys (soon to be defunct when we sign up to Tapestry ;) ) and any other info we feel appropriate. On the front of the box we have attached a laminated speech bubble with the child's photo and on this we write down interests or areas that the children have accessed - we use this to plan for future activities. Some children are easier to track than others but when we see that certain children have not had much written on their bubble we then set about observing these children more closely to see where their interests and learning is going.

we have a planning thread sheet on the wall on which we list any spontaneous interests that we notice or are reported to us by parents during the week and these are fed into the planning for the next week. Each child also have their own PLOD sheets on which we have 7 boxes, 1 for each of the aspects, and the keyworker fills in a central box with the observed interest and then puts a relevant planned activity into any of the aspect boxes andt these are also used for the next weeks planning

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)