Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Saq

Not sure if Im posting this in the right place but know someone will help out if Im wrong.

Has anyone used SAQ with Foundation Stage aged children?

And if so any suggestions that might help me come September. It will my first term working as a completely integrated Foundation Stage Unit with children aged 3 to 5.

:) Hi, never heard of `saq` only thing near this is the `story sack`ie, all things relevant to a particular story, the book, puppets, musical instruments (if appropriate), basically anything relevant to the story is put into a `sack` so the children can self access and `role play`.

Sorry if I`m on the wrong track, but it`s the only thing that sprung to mind. :)

Sorry should have explained SAQ stands for Speed Agility and Quickness and is a movement program bit along the lines of Brain Gym. Our school went on a course last September but the instructor could offer no advice for younger children.

Hi i have also been on an introduction to SAQ training but not had the time to follow it up! - and our PE co-ord is trained as an insructor - will pick her brains when we get back to school and see what i can find out!

Sarah

Hi i have also been on an introduction to SAQ training but not had the time to follow it up! - and our PE co-ord is trained as an insructor - will pick her brains when we get back to school and see what i can find out!

Sarah

37077[/snapback]

Thanks very much Sarah

I am going into my second year in a foundation unit and had also never heard of SAQ, but I have been introduced to "Jabadao" which is also movement based. Sounds interesting though and will keep looking at this thread for futher information. Thanks. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)