Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Names For Child Initiated Activity

Hello All

First posting to I hope someone is out there listening!

We are trying to revamp our CIA and give it a bit more pep and direction and we want to change its name. We currently call it 'Choosing time' but would like a name that reflected the independent learning aspect of the activity. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Wilf

hi Wilf

Yes -out here and listening!

Really like the idea of a new namee but no inspiration yet I'm afraid. We use 'busy time', and say to the children 'Let's get busy' but that doesn't meet your needs I'm afraid - will keep thinking!

I've been thinking the same, hate using 'choosing' at the mo. What about Sparkle time? Dazzle time? Where the children sparkle/ dazzle you with their independent learning.

We call ours busy board time, we have a board in the classroom where we put photos or pictures of the areas or activities available that week as a reminder to them. We plan this together on a Thursday the week before with the children. Things get added and taken away from the 'busy board' as children think of them/ lose interest.

Deb

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)