Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I'm Still Here!

For those of you who still remember me, I am still here and loving motherhood! Sue R - your email made me get off my backside and post (I've been meaning too for weeks!). :D

On 28th May (13 days late!) I gave birth to a baby boy - Thomas. As well as being late - he was a whopper! Weighing 9lb 15oz!!! All natural delivery, bit of gas & air to help, but a very long process (27hrs in total!!). He is such a good baby and is now 11 weeks weighing approx 15lb. He is full of giggles and is such a delight! I can't remember life without him.

Sadly, I am back to work in September. Luckily I am doing a job share, so only working Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday and Friday. I have got the best of both worlds I know, but I am still feeling quite gutted to be going back already! Am going to try and carry on feeding him myself, so my lunchtimes are going to be taken up with expressing and lunch duties...the joys! :o

I am going to attempt to attach a photo for you to see how gorgeous he is! I have renewed my subscription and will endeavour to make more effort to log on! Hope to chat with you all soon!

Shelley

xx

post-458-1124131768_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest

Dear Shelley

Congratulations and he looks a handsome and happy little boy - its so nice to hear to you are enjoying every minute - my youngest is now 11 and as everyone says where did that time go - I think its a great age so continue to enjoy every minute - and I expect you have realised what time wasters they are - how often I used to catch myself just staring at them as they make their funny little noises and expressions only to realise that half an hour had passed and nothing had got done - but in the overall scale of things does it matter that the house is a tip - not too sure what my excuse is now though!!

Good luck with being back at work - it's good to think that have found a balance -all the best

Nikki

What a looker :D

Congratulations, he's lovely :D

I echo what Nicola says about housework and stuff. Leave it, but if someone offers to help, bite their hand off. Your children will never remember they lived in a tidy house but they will remember their mom saying 'wait a minute'. (who said that?) Have fun with him while he's unable to escape you :o

Congratulations Shelly What a lovely baby - enjoy these special early months you have together. When you go back to work don't take on too much, learn to say no.

I have only just noticed this second post (or was it the first?) am so confused as to how it came out twice...I really have lost my marbles - will they ever return?!! :o

Thanks for all your advice, I do enjoy every minute of him and we play endlessly! House is generally a mess - do a blitz every so often. My motto is housework can wait - my baby won't!!

Enjoy the rest of the summer break

Shelley

xx

What a good motto, Shelley! I shall remember that one for when I have kids! My friend has a little boy who is now 6 months old and he's such a joy and I always offer to help her with stuff when I go and visit but she's always reluctant to give me anything to do! Silly woman, so I take her to the supermarket and things 'cos she doesn't have a car!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...