Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview Questions For An Inclusion Coordinator?

Hi, we are having interviews tomorrow for a new inclusion coordinator, I need a question about child development for 2-5 year olds, I want to gauge their knowledge in this age group and am finding it really hard a form a question???

please can you explain your knowledge of child development for the age range 2-5? how do you keep this knowledge up to date??

please help!

Ask them about changes between the old and new EYFS. That should highlight how up to date they keep their knowledge . You can then branch this by asking them to explain how they would ensure characteristics of learning are being developed in the setting, or how they would plan an activity for a child focusing on their prime area development or how they would observe a child.

If it is for inclusion then ask about the role of an ENCo, training possibilities for this and how they would ensure all resources are inclusive. I can think of more but don't want to go down the wrong lines if this isn't what you are thinking.

I'm quite harsh when it comes to interviews, sink or swim style so this may be dropping them in at the deep end a bit but I think general questions can be wishy washy and blagged through by inexperienced applicants if you are not careful.

thanks for that, really helped. yeah we are really trying to get away from simple questions, weve drawn up 4 questions that should make it quite clear, and as you say sink or swim!