Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Physical Development

lawchaz

No, Ive just written a EYFS Policy, in this I have copied and put into my own words parts of the framework about the prime and specific areas of learning, main principles, staff ratios, qualifications etc. After meeting with my school improvement partner she gave this the ok, so Im happier about it.

As part of our health in early years project we need a physical policy so thought i'd do one for each area otherwise the others are left out and they're equally as important. Think i have a big job on my hands!

Hi lawchaz,

I really don't think it necessary to go to those lengths with your policies. I would think your Long Term Plan/everyday planning ethos would show that.

I thought the idea was to take away the emphasis on paper and return the spotlight to the children. The danger with this proliferation of policies is that we lose sight of why we are actually here - i.e. - those lovely little people!!!

If you must, I like jennac's reply!

Sue

We crossed!

However, can't you just place your Physical Policy within the Project? We've often been involved in projects that have taken specific areas as a focus but doesn't basically alter Nursery Policy per se .

And if it's purely for this project, can that not give you any starting points, to return to your original post?

Sue

Knowing me i'd feel i needed to do the others as they've been 'left out'. I also think i'll be doing a PSED one for the next project anyway! As there's nothing around that i am aware of i just don't know what to put in it or how to begin!?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)