Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Autumn Topic

:) can anyone help me, i am starting a new job in september and the children will be coming in for mornings and afternoons for the first two weeks. The topic for the first half will be autumn, do you think i should start this straight away or spend some time doing 'about me' type activities?! does anyone do any planning for the first two weeks and has anyone done autumn as a topic before.

thanks

charlotte

Are you in Reception?

Initially you will find you need to let the children get to grips with their new environment, rules and routines. I suggest you spend some time getting to know the children and observing them before you worry about topic planning :D

yes it is a reception class. I was planning to just let the children use areas of provision and then start the topic after two / three weeks. do you plan any activities or just let them choose?

thanks charlotte

I would expect your focus to be around PSE for the first few weeks, helping them to settle into their new environment if you have to follow the Autumn theme do this through some art activities.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)