Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Timetable For New Framework

Has anyone made a new timetable for the new framework for September? I am struggling to complete one I am happy with. And are people having seperate times allocated for communication and language and literacy?

Would be grateful if anyone could share any timetables for inspiration!

Not really sure what you are after, my timetable changes weekly and evolves throughout the year so a copy probably wouldn't help you. (I teach reception) I couldn't do a timetable now for September as it depends on the cohort and I won't know that until September when they start as i will work around what they need. I can't see that my timetable or my teaching will change very much in the light of the revised EYFS after all there is little in there that is brand new and we already have communication as central to everything across all areas. does anyone think that their practice will change drastically as a result of the revised EYFS

Deb

In September we have a 10-15 minute phonics session each day, usually around 10 o'clock followed by everyone having snack together and a 10-15 minute numeracy session after lunch. Otherwise children are free to choose their activities and we selelct groups to work with during the day for adult-led stuff.

This quickly evolves into group phonics adn numeracy work as we get to know what is appropriate for each child, still 10-15 minutes and all at the same time.

As Deb says, how we then proceed depends on the cohort.

The only other fixed point in the day is 'story-time' - just before hometime, and in the week is PE due to hall constraints. We introduce year group assembly once a week in the Spring term.

Not much help I fear!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)