Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Short Term Planning

am i right in thinking reception staff should use the 40-60 development bands for weekly/daily planning? found some of their plans from start of this year (sept), and they have put scale points/ELGS as objectives. our children go across mostly 30-50 secure or 40-06 emerging, so not sure why they have done this? will have a chat if i find out i'm right!! they should also use 30-50 for less able, i would think. that's what i would do if i moved to reception

cheers guys x

I would say you are right as the scale points are an assessment and the development matters is the curriculum. Surely you plan to the curriculum, and then assess the chn at the end of FS2?????????

thanks. that's what i thought but then i always seem to question if maybe i got it wrong and that's why i love this forum!!

Let me be controversial...What is a curriculum?????

Surely the Unique Child column are descriptions of what children within that age and stage could be expected to be doing and achieving during that age and stage. There are also no longer "scale points" but the early learning goals are what you would expect children to be achieving by the end of their Reception year. But some children (those who are the oldest?) will already be achieving some of the Early learning goals at the start of the year. Therefore the elgs will guide our planning as they will be developing throughout the year.

The Positive relationships and Enabling environments columns help us to plan so that children can develop and learn in order to reach those goals and so in a sense they help us form a curriculum...

Just thinking aloud....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)