Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moving Up To Reception - Ideas Needed Please

Hi!

Can anyone tell me what they do to prepare their Nursery class for moving up to Reception? All ideas gratefully accepted! Also if you visit Reception class or they visit you etc

Thanks

Hi

We have a whole school transition day when the leavers visit their new school and the rest of the school move up to their new class for the morning/day. We also make time for the YR teacher to spend time with the N2 group and we send a TA that has been working with them for at least the first term.

I think we are quite lucky because there is a big focus on an easy transition for all children. It seems to work though and the children don't spend the summer worrying about their new teachers.

we are very fortunate that we have transition cluster groups in the town where i work, we meet up 3 times a year to discuss the transition, to make it more smoother for the children, we invite the reception teachers in to meet the children and we also send 'All about me' booklets home for parents to complete which are given to the reception teachers, some reception teachers are more keen to be involved than others..might just be a phone call from one reception teacher and another will visit for a whole afternoon. We are lucky because we are on the same site as a primary school so use their school field and also two staff accompany the children when they go for their intake sessions...a familiar face in a unfamiliar environment..works really well :D

we are meeting tomorrow with reception staff, so i have lots of ideas now to suggest. thanks. sadly meridian our reception teacher is not as keen to get involved as we would like but at least i can say what other settings are doing around the country.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)