Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Focussing On Aspects

hi everyone!

just been thinking about planning for september. are you going to focus on one aspect for each area of learning each half term e.g. making relationships, or just cover all, without particularly focussing on one aspect? :mellow:

We can't decide :blink:

We currently focus on certain aspects each half-term, making sure we return to those aspects across the year and we put all the aspects in our long-term plan in the final half-term and we use this time to focus on any areas where we feel we need more work. But with much fewer aspects to each of the new areas of learning we're not sure what to do.

Do we have it open and use some sort of highlighting / tick system to monitor what we have looked at, with a different colour to show where we revisit something. But does that become a bit unmanageable constantly highlighting / ticking when you are planning. Or do we have a focus aspect for each half-term to use for carpet times and adult-led activities and bear the others in mind when looking at where the children are and what they need next in the provision plans.

Either way I'm sure will throw back issues!

we currently focus on 1 per half term for 6 areas, but as pse/cll have 6 aspects, it doesn't work out very well as i feel focussing on, say, reading only once in year is no good, so this should be better, as each area has only 2 or 3 aspects, leaving lots of time for revisiting. i'm going to try this and see how it goes.... for adult-led and carpet times. i'm in nursery and wondering if i should focus on 3 prime areas for 1st half term? the framework does not specify ages for moving to 7 and our cohort is usually very poor. what is everyone else doing?

We tend to have the long term planning with the aspects to highlight at the end of every term. We just look back at what we feel we covered really well and doing it at the end of every term means you are not always needing to be ticking/highlighting but it is often enough to inform future planning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)