Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Certificate In Early Years Practice Level 4

Has anyone done this course with the OU or has anyone done E123 and E124 with the OU? Would like to know how hard it is and the amount of work involved.Thanks :)

I completed E124 last year, having taken E123 the year before. These are 2 30 point courses with the O.U. There is not an exam just some essays to complete. The material provided by the O,U, is fantastic and so interesting, you probably need about 2 - 3 hours a week to complete work. My friend even did both courses in one year, she found it hard work but not impossible. Level 4 is a good qualification, most senior positions now ask for level it. I have carried on with the O.U. this year with a view to achieving a Foundation Degree eventually.

Teri

Am currently doing E123 & E124 with the OU. Workload can be hard depending on personal circumstances.....I tend to throw my assignments together at the last minute but am currently averaging 74%. :o

I am doing both courses together, I took them on in my old job, and could have coped comfortably.

However, I have really struggled lately as I am working full time (10 hours no lunch hour) and setting up the new nursery I am managing from Spetember. Lots and lots of 11pm nites, and lots of weekends. The owner of the new place has employed friends to do the work, and we are now VERY behind with the building and our first open day is Sunday.

I have also been in hospital for 3 weeks with a badly broken leg and now have had to fly away with my father to monitor his rare degenerative disease. That's another story, it's funny, sad and at times embarrassing, but he's my dad)

If I'd known all this was going to be happening I would NEVER have taken on 2 courses, (I am trying to find 10-12 hours a week and then some)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)