Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Olympics

• 3 weeks later...

I think I saw a book also on Amazon called Panda Goes to the Olympics.

Can anyone recommend any more books?

Thanks

Hi

Neil Griffiths does a book called Animal Antics about animals who do the Olympics and laurent De Brunhoff does Barbar's celesteville Games. Both books are quite long and wordy though.

Hope they are some use

jay

Don't forget to go on the Olympic site and watch the 'Mascots' films with the children and create your own mascot story with props.

Can anyone suggest a book about the Paralympics to go with our Differing Abilities models and Paralympic picture cards of different sports?

• 2 weeks later...

Could you tell me what site you can download free olympic activites, it was mentioned with The Champion Hare, Sue

I bought Topsy and Tim go for gold, it is about their school sports day. It doesn't mention the olympics. Panda goes to the olympics is quite wordy, some difficult vocabulary. It does mention that Panda wants to enter the olympics, and she needs to exercise.There is also facts about Pandas habitat, diet and life style. I read it to nursery and had to either change the wording or keep stopping to explain the vocabulary. The children enjoyed both books.

Hope this helps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)