Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yummy Mummy Week

Hi I'm looking for ideas to raise money for 'CLIC Sargent' - Caring for children with cancer, titled Yummy Mummy Week. Does anyone have any great ideas? Have just raised £1,600 by toddling so wanted to do something a little different. The event is to be held 16th-25th September, but as I'm away all Summer need to get some ideas together now. Was thinking along the lines of it not being just for nursery parents but also for friends too.

Any help, ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gem

How about doing some simple cooking with the children- or decorating of biscuits- could use rich tea biscuits icing and sweets and make their mum!!!

Or invite mum carer into nursery for a session to work with the children and ask for a donation or sponsor mums to come in and do activities.

Thats all I can think of at the mo but will think on further.

Have a good summer

L

How about a Pamper evening?

Depending on what your mums would like, you can invite various people: aromatherapists, reflexologists, Body Shop (they do hand massages/mini make up sessions), some stalls for retail therapy etc.

You charge an entry fee (perhaps to include a glass of wine), and then the therapists run a diary session for 15 minute sesstions, at a set price per session.

You could agree a percentage rate for the therapists to pay you as a fee for them taking part, or you could have things to sell so that you can keep the proceeds.

Some pamper evenings include clairvoyants and tarot card readers, but obviously this is a controversial area, and you'd need to be sure this wouldn't offend people, and put them off attending.

I hope you get lots of great ideas for fundraising - what a great charity to support.

Maz