Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Personal Care/nappy Changing Policy And Procedures

surfer

Has anyone got a policy or procedures for nappy changing for staff in a creche in our children's centre? Also some guidance about what you have in your nappy changing room- storage/equipment/signs etc?

Thanks ^_^

I have a policy that maybe you could adapt, but I am not in a CC so I am not sure how relevant it would e!

Message me if you want a look anyhow and I will send it from my computer downstairs (on iPad in bed right now!!)

Equipment wise I have a fold up pe mat for staff to kneel on, changing mat, gloves, disposable aprons, red j cloths. Milton sterilising solution in a spray. I am in a nursery attached to school that was built when 4 year olds were in nursery and changing was only very occasionally hence the lack of facilities or space for them!!!!

we have the c.playthings nappy bench, with mat, disposable gloves, apron, the children's items in their baskets to hand, antibacterial spray, paper cloths for wiping down, items dangling down for talking points, nappy changing record chart and parent preference & signatures for nappy creams. Near to a sink for hand washing in between changes - with soap

Can I ask what changing mats people use and their success with longevity? I am frustrated at having to keep replacing mats every few months...including the heavy duty ones! I'm sure we could have had a set of community playthings blocks with the money spent lol!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)