Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview Lesson

I have an interview on wednesday and the brief says that I need to do an observed lesson for 30 mins with 30 eyfs children sucha wide brief!! am not sure what to do am thinking story then a picture or even liking the glasses post from earlier and they could draw a picture of their magic world although with 30 kids they might not all get a turn with the glassesany help would be sooo appreciated :)

Guest LornaW

maariya I don't want to be negative but do you really want to work in a school that would expect you to teach 30 EYFS children for 30 minutes all together? And then to expect you to do that with 30 children you do not know!

Lorna

That's a tricky brief when you don't know the children. For my present job I had 30 for an hour with a TA and had to start with a story and plan activities around it for the children to choose from in CI time and then they observed my interactions with the children during that time! I quite often have all 30 together for the start of a session but it's rare to keep them on the carpet for that length of time so I imagine you would have to send them off to do an activity for a short time. What about a problem solving activity that you introduce at the beginning send them off in small groups to work together to solve and then talk through back together at the end? I have done things like can they think of ways the gingerbread man could cross the river without having to have a ride with the fox, I've also done the fox/chicken grain problem solving activity with reception also things like finding all the possibilities of something (I've done different ice cream combinations in a cone/different ways to make a red and yellow flower with only 4 petals/different spaceships using shapes etc)

My other instinct would be to do something really active like story telling-teach them a story with actions

hope that sparks an idea!

good luck

debx

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)