Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Dfes Chidcare Bill Consultation

Dear All,

Haven't been on for ages and I am not too sure if anyone else has posted this up as yet - couldn't find it - so apologies if someone has - just ignore this.

Just when you think everything is running smoothly, the DfES has now produced the consultation document regarding legislation and the new 10 year strategy. Makes very interesting reading. For those of you about to start your QA scheme suggest you take a look at the section in Investors In Children section - looks like they are doing a full turnaround here!!!! It seems to me that they are placing much bigger emphasis on the LA to provide early years education and be accountable for it. Looking at producing a system for reviewing and evaluating groups too through what they call EDLF - anyway worth taking a look - and putting your views forward - can be found under the DfES consultation site - no doubt Steve can upload the link - being a better man than me.

Look forward to receiving comments on this.

Nikki

I think this area is actually mentioned in this document although I haven't quite taken it all in and what the implications of it all are - anyway no doubt there will be a lot of press about this as it does have quite far ranging consequences

Nikki