Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moderation Ideas

Hello all

I am being moderated on Thursday in the areas of PD and PSRN. I need to set up some CP that would enable me to do paired observations (i am assuming in these areas) and ideas as to what I could put out?

I was thinking I could hide some numbers in the sand pit and see if they could find which ones had been stolen (we often have a pirate who borrows things!)

any ideas greatly received

x

Guest ChunkyMan

Hi Fairyjojo,

I was moderated this term and I just made sure that there were lots of different opportunities out covering all areas, as although moderation this year is looking at PSRN and PD it is about agreeing on judgements in all areas. I find that PSRN and PD (along with LCT + PSED) tend to be the areas that children exhibit anyway,regardless of what you provide. Ensure that the child is independently accessing activities and there is a variety of CP enabling them to do this, it's more important that activities are open ended and children are able to access them regardless of their ability.

Good luck for Thursday.

x

Hi Fairyjojo,

Have you read Kate's article on the profile and moderation process? Kate is a very experienced teacher and LA advisor, so her tips and guidance will be very useful to you :1b You can access it here

Many thanks Helen, I had seen it before but was good to re-visit. Yes you are quite right ChunkyMan, my normal CP should be good enough! ;-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)