Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Teacher Interview Help!

Hi everyone,

I have an interview for a Nursery Teacher Post and does anyone know of any questions I will be asked?

I suppose it depends on the job spec - look closely at what is it they are looking for on your job spec and ensure that you have got answers prepared that correspond to what they are looking for. You may be asked about the Tickell report, the revised EYFS - progression/assessing/child centred learning/ how to differentiate the normal relating to planning and assessing

Also your personal take on EY education and what is important to you. Hope that helps and good luck. You might want to post the questions you were asked on the forum to help others ;)

That's if you remember them after you've left the room!! I never do!

You might be asked about SEN in some way. Or how you provide an enabling environment - don't forget to talk about the 'emotional environment' alongside the physical environment if you do get asked. I remember raised eyebrows when I started talking about that, as if no-one else had mentioned it.

Don't be afraid to ask them to repeat a question if you lose track of what it was whilst answering. In my last interview I think I asked about 3 times for the question to be repeated and still got the job!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)