Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Self-registration

I am starting as an NQT in a reception teacher in September and am very keen to set up self registration. I have read previous posts on the subject and there are many great ideas but I was wondering if anyone had any photos of any they have done. Thanks

Edited by Guest

No photos Matilda, but when children came for their introductory visit (last couple of weeks) I took photos of the children. These will be put on their coat hooks along with their names - ready to surprise them when they arrive. I also make larger name cards and put their photos on these too. I have a felt board and have fastened a velcro spot on the back on these laminated name cards. Each morning the children will be encouraged to find their name cards (helped for the non readers by the photograph) and stick it on the board. As the year progresses, and children become more confident in recognising their name we cut off their picture (ahhhh!) - they still put in on the board. Last still I leave out strips of paper and the children sign in and put in a box that says 'I am here'.

Is this the sort of thing you mean?

Harricroft

That sounds great Harricroft, I like the progression throughout the year. Perhaps I need to think about photographs of the children too. Thanks!

:D

I am starting as an NQT in a reception teacher in September and am very keen to set up self registration.  I have read previous posts on the subject and there are many great ideas but I was wondering if anyone had any photos of any they have done.  Thanks

35180[/snapback]

Just down loaded rather a nice programme on Teachers TV called Daily Routines. If you log on to the website www.teachers.tv and search in the archive for early years you should be able to find it.

I am starting as an NQT in a reception teacher in September and am very keen to set up self registration.  I have read previous posts on the subject and there are many great ideas but I was wondering if anyone had any photos of any they have done.  Thanks

35180[/snapback]

In our nursery the children collect name cards from a wall pocket 'thing' which has a 'their' picture on (they've got these pictures on their personal books and home box).

When they move on to reception (hopefully) they can all recognise their name so they just use name cards - one class uses names on 'leaves' which they put on a tree, the other class uses names on fish which they put in the fish bowl.

Later on in the year they start to sort the names into who's having dinners/sandwiches etc.

Hope this is helpful - I can take a photo tomorrow if you like (and if I remember!)

Angela

Just checked out the daily rountines, I will have to make time to watch a few more as they have some nice ideas.

Thanks Angela, it would be really nice to see a photo if you get the time.

Matilda :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)