Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tracking Progress

Hi all

Am looking at either producing a tracking progress document or using an already done template. Does anyone have any info on any they use or could supply a template as a starter. I know I want to track each child under the headings which would highlight developing, emerging, secure and then at the end of each term highlight areas to work on.

Would also like to use it to highlight any setting shortfalls in areas of learning.

Looking forward to replies

Hi Emma,

Not a document, but have you come across our program PRAMS, on the forum? It does all you are suggesting, and will analyse and print off assessment reports for individual children, groups, and areas of learning, etc You can access the video tutorials about PRAMS from the left hand menu of the home page so you can get a feel for what it does, and whether or not it's for you. It is available free to download. We are currently updating it to take account of the revised EYFS. :1b

Hi Emma,

Not a document, but have you come across our program PRAMS, on the forum? It does all you are suggesting, and will analyse and print off assessment reports for individual children, groups, and areas of learning, etc You can access the video tutorials about PRAMS from the left hand menu of the home page so you can get a feel for what it does, and whether or not it's for you. It is available free to download. We are currently updating it to take account of the revised EYFS. :1b

Thank you for that will have a read x

thank you! will have a look. I was just wondering we already do child development files whihc highlights next steps etc. What I am wanting do to is track this data to give an overall picture of where they are and reviewing the group as a whole. which may identify any areas that we need to address.

Also am looking to track levels across the group to give statistics starting with was baseline levels children come in at ( we do a first term assessment on entry) to get this info from. and then updating each term so that when then leave we can assess who many have moved up either one or two levels etc!. Does anyone else to anything like this and if so how?

Sorry, the computer was doing it's own thing!

We have a class tracker that we use. We don't currently do any baseline assessments on the children but we use this tracker to get a picture of where children are in relation to their peers. Although we appreciate all children learn at different paces and some may excel in different areas, it is a good indicator of any significant delays in any child's development. And this ofcourse enables us to intervene sooner if a child does appear to have additional needs.

We have also found it a useful refelctive practice tool for each room as they are able to identify which areas of learning or development need more 'coverage'. I shall pop our tracker for pre-school on here and see what you think. You are more than welcome to use it. Before I do that, I need to know how! any ideas on how I get this document up here as a link? This is my first post! eek!

Ok, I have worked it out! Yipi! Our pre-school are called Busy Bees hence the name of the file. I have included our PRSN tracker but I have one for each area. See what you think of this one and if you like, I can upload the others. We use it as a highlighting sheet and put our children's names across the top, so they end up having their own column. The girls then highlight when a child acheives. Once you start highlighting, you get a really good visual picture on paper as to what area you need to place more emphasis on and which children are maybe underachieving.

Lis :-)

A3 Transistion pg 1 adn 2 PSRN.doc

Edited by Guest

Many thanks for this, Lisa. It seems to be a straightforward method of seeing at a glance where your children are. Do you relate this tracking sheet to the children's learning journeys at all?

blank tracking.docHi i have a 'brick wall' assessment sheet that you would input children's names into the relevant boxes for each term, it is a summary so you can see and compare all children at a glance. I don't think it's exactly what you want but thought i'd share it anyway xx

visually ours looks similar to the end of f2 profile grid, however our F1 overview tracker is adapted to the dev matters using 40 - 60 month as a guide line

Hi Helen,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes it all links in with learning journal and individual tracking documents we use. This also links in with planning as the areas of learning we have targeted for individual children is recorded on planning documents.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)