Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Parent Evening

We hold an information evening for new parents at the beginning of the summer term.

I think it is a lot of talk from the headteacher, myself as the class teacher and others.

I would be interested to know what format others use.

We do the same the head does a talk, then introduces me then I talk for a bit and then someone from the friends talks about joining them. After we've all talked and any questions have been answered then we have a mix and mingle time and tea and coffee is served and parents can explore the classroom, buy uniform and taste some samples from the school dinner menu and get go know each other. The first meeting is all about transition arrangements I don't even mention eyfs at that meeting, I leave that till September when I do several sessions about eyfs and reading/phonics.

Deb

We do the same the head does a talk, then introduces me then I talk for a bit and then someone from the friends talks about joining them. After we've all talked and any questions have been answered then we have a mix and mingle time and tea and coffee is served and parents can explore the classroom, buy uniform and taste some samples from the school dinner menu and get go know each other. The first meeting is all about transition arrangements I don't even mention eyfs at that meeting, I leave that till September when I do several sessions about eyfs and reading/phonics.

Deb

• 4 weeks later...

Ours is pretty much the same.

It's a chance for the parents to meet the teachers and get to know the environment and ask any questions. We hand out information packs as well with details about school dinners, uniform etc... We also include a sheet for the children to fill in all about themselves over the summer holidays, with things like photographs, pictures of pets, what they like to do, we use it as the first thing in the children's learning journals.

X

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)