Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Eyfs

Seeing as the new EYFS framework now states

Wrap around and holiday providers

1.3 Wrap around3 and holiday providers4 should be guided by, but do not necessarily need to meet, all the learning and development requirements. Practitioners should discuss with parents and/or carers (and other practitioners and providers as appropriate) the support they intend to offer, seeking to complement learning in settings in which children spend more time.

Just wondered if you are going to change your practice in anyway.

Im thinking of making it more informal ie scrapbook, with photos, concentrate on PSE, few post it obs, work with EYFS TA at school. Staff at club do seem to know the children quite well.

All our policies currently show which areas of the EYFS they currently fall into so these will have to be updated, however we are supposed to be going over to school so need changing anyway.

Or continuous provision illustrates the areas the equipment/resources support so will have to change to new headings.

Anything else you are going to do?

I will be totally honest and say we are going to do as little as possible - we believe that after school clubs should not have to adhere to they EYFS. The children attend for care and play after spending the whole day at school and as such shouldnt be being assessed under the EYFS - that is the schools job.

We would prefer to spend our time ensuring the kids a fed and well looked after - not filing out pointless observations that the school nor the parents want

• Like 1

I will be totally honest and say we are going to do as little as possible - we believe that after school clubs should not have to adhere to they EYFS. The children attend for care and play after spending the whole day at school and as such shouldnt be being assessed under the EYFS - that is the schools job.

We would prefer to spend our time ensuring the kids a fed and well looked after - not filing out pointless observations that the school nor the parents want

Hi

We have recently just been OFSTED inspected (good) and it was a relief to find the inspector also had the sme views as yourself and us. However, under this EYFS we still got pulled up on the following

develop the system of assessing and recording children's progress, clearly prioritising next steps for them to work towards in each of the six areas of learning and use the information to plan some practical play activities to help each child reach their full potential

I am thinking that come sept this may not be applicable though?

In my ASC the staff have planning to show any inspector popping by that they are aware of the EYFS and it's areas of

learning but along the bottom of it it says something like the children are at the end of the school day and free to choose what they want to do.

None of our children use NEF during the ASC time so I have never thought this time was anything but chill out and relax down time for most children.

Yes there are lots of activities to choose from but I is a time for them to choose what to do!!

Hi Scarlett

We do the same as you. The "planning" is literally a sheet with days of week and then on it there are a few adult initiated activities in blue writing with the EYFS areas this is relevant for and then in red pen the staff add the child initiated activities ie the ones they choose to get out themselves. The inspector was pleased with this as the children can access what they like.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)