Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dinosaur Writing Lesson

I'm looking for ideas on a writing, dinosur themed lesson for Reception. I am looking for something quite challenging as I have some good writers. It would also be good if there was some movement/excitement during the priming part of the lesson too!

I'm not coming up with anything!

Edited by MrsL

could you make big dinosaur footprints and put a trail around the school/classroom/ into the outdoor area? The children could follow them and then they could do descriptive writing about what kind of dinosaur it could belong too? They could use the footprints to write on. It could generate lots of talk and description ahead of writing. They could even track the prints to a sand pit and carry out an archaeological dig to find dinosaur bones (a local butcher maybe able to provide you with a large bone/s) or failing that the pet shop.

Obviously the children will need some idea about dinosaurs so lots of information books or access to a suitable website (natural history museum) may help to stimulate ideas - links to Reading ELG'S too ;)

Edited by apple

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)