Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Chat Room!

Steve

Hi -

People have been asking me recently whether the chatroom works because whenever they go into it no-one is there :o

The answer is that it isn't widely used - so when one person pops in it's unlikely that others will also be logged in. But I've noticed that over the last few days an average of 6 or 7 people have logged in during an evening, stayed a minute or two then logged out.

What I'd suggest is that if you're going to be browsing the forums for a little while anyway, you leave the chat room open and you may well find that others log in while you're there. You should get a little audible prompt (usually a voice saying 'Welcome') if you've got your pc set up properly, so you can minimize the window while you get on with other things. (By the way, if you see a button saying 'Dock' click it. It'll make the window bigger and re-sizable).

I'll make a point of being in the chatroom at 8.30pm this evening if anyone wants to come and say hello! :D

Feeling much better, thanks.

I was given a long acting reliever last week and hope to get back to school later this week.

Can't believe how quickly I deteriorated, fom nothing to best part of 3 weeks off sick, and keeping fingers crossed I am going to be fit enough once I get back in the classsroom!

Susan

thanks steve - usefull - i was probably one of those who poped in and saw noone there!! except oldtimer but no chat going on... :o

will be good to chat to others some time - shame u can't set up a system where by when u log into site as member u automatically have option to join chat - ppl may not be aware how to use it?? xD

just a thought....bye sara

• 4 weeks later...
Guest squidgy mummy

Steve, can we maybe have a set chat time, I know I've only been here a couple of days but it would be nice to know approx. when I might meet people. :oxD

Squidgy Mummy

Hmm I dont know if this is something you want, but I am a member and a weekly host at a group set up by teachers for teachers and we have a chat room there too. It's often busy in the late afternoon and evenings and at weekends too. If you are interested, cos I know how difficult it is to catch people in a chat room at the same time, here is the address : Teachers UK

Sorry if you feel like I'm shoving out your chat room, I'm not, just think it would be good to get people on at the same time as someone else, for a real time discussion, which is always good!

Hope to see you there (my chat host slot is 10-11pm on a Thursday for any night owls!) but there are others too!

Hi Nichola -

I'm very happy for you to invite people along to your chatroom. I'll pop in there myself and have a look when I get a chance! And thanks for drawing my attention to Squidgy's post which somehow I lost in the flurry of other posts... xD

Squidgy Hi - and sorry I didn't reply to this! I'm run off my feet at the moment (no more excuses - Ed!).

I'm very happy to recommend a particular time to invite people along, but actually I've done this a number of times before, then sat there playing gooseberry in a deserted chatroom for a couple of hours. (That's not a problem actually - I'm usually working on the computer in the evenings anyway - sad eh? :o )

Having said that, I'm not going to be here for the next couple of evenings. (Bonfire Night is a big event in Lewes, so I'll be out dodging the flaming torches and fireworks...)

In the meantime, how about everyone commenting on the best times to recommend.

I'd say from 8pm in the evenings would be a good time. If this seems like a good idea, I'll get a list of the members who have logged into the chatroom and email them to let them know we're going to set up a 'Happening' on a couple of evenings. If we can kick start it into life that way, it may work?

What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...