Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Starting School In September Organisation

Hi all

I know it's early but I want to get my starting school booklet ready over the holidays as we have the new entrants meeting next term.

I am wondering how you start your children in September? I have changed it so many times over the last 6 years. I finally thought I had got it sorted for two classes and it was working well but now it looks like we may have another class.

In the last two years during the first full week one class has come in during the morning and one in the afternoon - swapping some time mid week. This has been fab because although all 30 started at the same time we had 4 adults to support and you could see how the children got on as a whole class instead of two halves if that makes sense.

Previous to this I have staggered them according to the term they were born in - oldest ones starting first etc.

The only way I can think of doing it this year is having 15 from each class either morning or afternoon and then swapping mid week or basing it on their nursery session depending on numbers.

What do you think? The only thing I do know is that I don't want the whole class starting at the same time with just two adults. I like us to be able to support the children and the parents during that first week.

Thanks in advance

Becs

We have 45 children in our unit. On the first day half the children come for half a day. The next day the second half come for half a day and the first lot don't. Then on the third day and for the rest of the week they all come but still just til 12o'clock. The second week they come all day.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)