Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Travelling Bear Display

Hello,

we have a travelling bear at nursery (Bertie Bear), so far he has been to 2 children's houses and the lake district with me. Bertie has a diary and we read this to the children, but i want to make a display of some sorts to document his travels. The thing is i am stumped for ideas of how to do it. I would like to include geography, but unsure of how (since all the children live in the same area so the only time Bertie will go further afield is when he goes on holiday with children or staff).

I did think about taking a photo of the child who has had Bertie (with them holding Bertie) and add this to the display with photo copies of their diary entries and any pictures they may have taken. I guess we could also do a tally chart of how Bertie travelled when he was away on his visits..... oh, i don't know..... just thinking aloud, but any ideas will be greatfully recieved

thanks

Dawn

I don't know how near all the children live to eachother or how near to the setting, how about a map/street map of the local area to see how many different streets/towns/villages as relevant he ends up visiting. Could just use dots,stars etc and no names...

Keep it simple to start with Dawn or you will become bogged down and it wont be successful.

Sounds like a lovely idea and I think I'd go with the sort of display Greenfinch suggests. You could have a lovely large map of the vicinity with local landmarks (postbox, zebra crossing etc) photographed and displayed on it. Places further afield could be added with arrows or something.

Would be great to see a photo of what you eventually decide!

Great ideas already.

If any of the children take photos of Bertie doing things these could be copied and added to the display board too.

It could be extended by getting either the children/staff to send Bertie postcards from their travels or even a few teachers / practitioners on here who operate a similar scheme in their settings might be willing to send a postcard from their class toy to yours?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)