Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

'target Tracker' - Anyone Use It ?

Does anyone in a pre school setting use a tracking software called 'Target Tracker' ? if so, how have you found it ? it seems alot of work (which i dont mind as long as there is a benefit to my setting) -i can see how it can be a great tool (for a school )-as it tracks children from 0 - KS1, but i sat in on some training last night -and im not sure how i can firstly find the time to do it, and if it will be of any benefit ?

Guest ChunkyMan

We use it at our school and entering profile data is quite simple and straight forward with lots of useful data, charts and graph etc (although it will most likely obsolete in Sept!!) However entering data for F1 with DM is a laborious task and although you do get charts and analysis I'm sure there is a better, easier way of showing progress, attainment etc. Previously we used an excell document where each age phase was given a colour - red to green - and as the children made progress their colours got greener. Using the colours really highlighted concerns etc. I am a very visual person and find data with just numbers/percentages, dry and difficult to interpret....but that's me?

i asked the question re Septembers eyfs change - the trainer kind of skirted around the problem, he said it would probably be updatable -but as they did not know how the new eyfs would be set out, then he couldnt tell me for sure !

the info i have seen re the new eyfs -it seems different, therfore would not relate to the current way its set up on the target tracker system.

Do you use the Learning Journey 'bit' on it ? my Headteacher got really excited about it -but i'd rather use the current system of proper folders that the children and parents can access -rather than have it on a laptop, which is sort of a backwards step in my opinion ?

Will wait for a laptop so i can have a play with it....all the teachers went away with a laptop to playwith except me :( :( :D

If you are looking at different systems have you considered ours.....PRAMS....stands for 'Progress Recording and Monitoring System' and is a computer program designed to help practitioners organise the tracking and evaluation of children's learning in their settings.

Here is a little PRAMS feedback

If you are looking at different systems have you considered ours.....PRAMS....stands for 'Progress Recording and Monitoring System' and is a computer program designed to help practitioners organise the tracking and evaluation of children's learning in their settings.

Here is a little PRAMS feedback

hi -i did use PRAMS last year (until my laptop crashed and then i never got round to re -doing it all again !!) i found it straightforward to use and liked the way it was set out. But this target tracker is a directive from the head of our adjoined school - they currently use a tracking sysytem (ppt ?) but have this new tracking software and would like me to use it in the preschool - im assuming it makes things simpler for the school -as all the childs data is already loaded on their system, and they are able to see the childs progress from when they first started at pre school ?

• 1 month later...
Guest youngrisers

hello was trying to find prams download to compare with the kent version of Progress matters as our copies (note copies) have never worked to number crunch or transfer data across, so we still manually transfer figures over. It takes all the staff and myself days to compile so is a real pain...rollon kent making a new one that works PLEASE>>>>>>>>>

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)