Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transition From Foundation Stage To Key Stage 1

Hi everyone,

I am currently doing my dissertation on the transition from foundation stage into key stage 1: the issues with it and its effects on children.

Any information would be really helpful.

If your child went through it and found it difficult?

Or

If you are a teacher and think there is issues with the process in your school?

or

What procedures are used?

Thanks

Rachel :o

Hi everyone,

I am currently doing my dissertation on the transition from foundation stage into key stage 1: the issues with it and its effects on children.

Any information would be really helpful.

If your child went through it and found it difficult?

Or

If you are a teacher and think there is issues with the process in your school?

or

What procedures are used?

Thanks

Rachel :o

Hi Rachel

I am a FS2 teacher and our children visit the Year 1 classes for three mornings over the last few weeks of school. Also we have a whole school transition day. The children have a project to complete to bring to school with them on their first day in year 1. The teachers feel it works ok. Pity you are not doing transition from Pre-school to Foundation Stage because that is where big changes have taken place for us.

Good luck with it all,

Brownie x

Edited by Guest

Hi Rachel

I am a FS2 teacher and our children visit the Year 1 classes for three mornings over the last few weeks of school. Also we have a whole school transition day. The children have a project to complete to bring to school with them on their first day in year 1. The teachers feel it works ok. Pity you are not doing transition from Pre-school to Foundation Stage because that is where big changes have taken place for us.

Good luck with it all,

Brownie x

Just another thought...some children find the process difficult going from such play based curriculum to the Year 1 curriculum. Fortunately for our children for the first term children are able to complete their profile point that they have not achieved in FS2. Also the year 1 classrooms reflect the setup of our FS2 classrooms so they feel at home.

Brownie x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)