Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas For Mr Gumpy Role Play

HI - I need to set up a Mr Gumpy's Outing role play (haven't worked out where to get a boat yet but cardboad boxes looking more attractive by the minute) Any ideas to enhance the role play area guys?

To get some numeracy we can have animals to put in the boat (or laminates) that chn can order, count.

Could have 1st, 2nd, 3rd on the board and velcro animals in order.

What can I do to get some literacy out of it. ...

ANy other ideas greatfully rec'd :o

Oh I love Mr Gumpy!!! Fond memories of being observed for our first ever OFSTED while telling the story with props :o

How about a boat yard with repair centre for role play. Make maps with a river running through and things you can see on route. There are time lapse videos on youtube going down rivers on board a boat. Read Mr Gumpys motor car. Animals and boats in the water tray. Small world story map. Make up a Pie Corbet story with actions. Boat agents like an estate agents-For Sale lovely blue boat, 2 life jackets, floats well etc (look at Boatshed or Apollo duck to print some examples). Make boats for a small teddy for DT and test them. Don't for get the PSHE safety aspect. Look at lifeboats RNLI and their history, Grace Darling, light houses ok I know its not rivers! xD

Oh I love Mr Gumpy!!! Fond memories of being observed for our first ever OFSTED while telling the story with props :o

How about a boat yard with repair centre for role play. Make maps with a river running through and things you can see on route. There are time lapse videos on youtube going down rivers on board a boat. Read Mr Gumpys motor car. Animals and boats in the water tray. Small world story map. Make up a Pie Corbet story with actions. Boat agents like an estate agents-For Sale lovely blue boat, 2 life jackets, floats well etc (look at Boatshed or Apollo duck to print some examples). Make boats for a small teddy for DT and test them. Don't for get the PSHE safety aspect. Look at lifeboats RNLI and their history, Grace Darling, light houses ok I know its not rivers! xD

Lovely ideas, thanks...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)