Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Work In Books

Hi, I teach reception and occassionally have work in books. quite a lot of stuff isn't paper based. However I have now been asked to write in the children's book: the date, walt , activity and how they achieved for everything, even when it isn't a paper based activity.

Just wondering what others do to show they are doing play activities, and whether anyone else has to do this,

Emily

We take lots of photos (annotated and stored on computer in children's individual folders) and along with daily observations and planning sheets, I think this is enough evidence of learning through play.

The approach you are being asked to take seems a little bit KS1 to me.

I will number each piece of evidence in the child's Learning Journal (photos, obs, mark-making) and cross reference them to the ELG ready reckoner booklet I have for each child. I will not put the walt in, the obs and photos are dated.

Hi, I teach reception and occassionally have work in books. quite a lot of stuff isn't paper based. However I have now been asked to write in the children's book: the date, walt , activity and how they achieved for everything, even when it isn't a paper based activity.

Just wondering what others do to show they are doing play activities, and whether anyone else has to do this,

Emily

For any work in book (just have one for everyhting) I print a label with DM statement or ELG and stick on page. The label has 'emerging, developing and secure' on and I highlight which the child has achieved. Also helps with tracking achievement and planning next steps (or should I say providing evidence of this for the Head!) :o Photos sometimes go in books, or in Learning Journey or stored on computer and are annotated to say what they show evidence of.

Hi I do very little work in books really but what I do do for any focused activity that is not paper based is fill out an observation sheet (1 per group) i usually get these ready at the weekend and copy and paste the objectives per child and then there is a space for notes and both my TAs and I fill them out. They are particularly useful for numeracy activities. Once the activity has taken place, the paper is cut up into strips and each child's info is then stuck into their learning journey.

deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)