Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observation For Interview

Hello,

I recently posted that I have an interview coming up as part of this I am being observed with my own class on Weds afternoon (reception class)

We are learning about Mermaids, the focus is maths which I have got sorted but I am struggling a little with a mermaid themed construction and KUW activities that I could put out for my child intiated play (to inspire them as it were) i thought about letter writing to the mermaid but we have done that alot recently so really wanted something different!

The introduction is all based around my TA in role as Ursula the sea witch and she comes to class and tells children she has kidnapped ariel then we are going on a subtraction themed treasure hunt looking for clues as to ariels where abouts.

Thanks in advance

Emie

sounds fun!

When we did this it was linked to under the sea theme.

Could the boys make under the sea caves- where maybe she has been imprisoned? maybe put stones, moss and shells for them to decorate thier caves ( I would just use lego and bricks etc)

Its probably going to be too difficult but I once did a fab KUW activity. I bought fresh fish/prawns from the fish counter in morrisons- different colours, textures etc and we put them on a cement tray the children came along and explored them by touching, smelling, opening the mouths, looking in the gills- they absoloutly loved it and the language and exporation/questioning etc was great. Obviously there wer some risks...we had to send a letter out pror to this asking parent if thier children could explore the fish. We only had them out for a couple of hours and it was outside due to smell! they had to be disposed of in the outside school bin. We made sure all children washed hands throughly after.

stac

sounds fun!

When we did this it was linked to under the sea theme.

Could the boys make under the sea caves- where maybe she has been imprisoned? maybe put stones, moss and shells for them to decorate thier caves ( I would just use lego and bricks etc)

Its probably going to be too difficult but I once did a fab KUW activity. I bought fresh fish/prawns from the fish counter in morrisons- different colours, textures etc and we put them on a cement tray the children came along and explored them by touching, smelling, opening the mouths, looking in the gills- they absoloutly loved it and the language and exporation/questioning etc was great. Obviously there wer some risks...we had to send a letter out pror to this asking parent if thier children could explore the fish. We only had them out for a couple of hours and it was outside due to smell! they had to be disposed of in the outside school bin. We made sure all children washed hands throughly after.

stac

Fab ideas - thankyou so much will definitely be using the cave idea, my boys wil love it! thankyou :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)