Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Are You A Parent And An Early Years Practitioner?

Are you a parent and an early years practitioner?

I am looking for potential research participants who would be willing to take part in my doctoral study. The aim of my study is to investigate the experiences of practitioners who are also parents. I am especially interested to explore whether parental experiences have any impact on practitioners’ work with parents in early years and childcare settings. The working title of my research project is ‘A Life Historical study of Early Years Practitioners´ views of their experiences of `mothering´ and the influence on their professional role working with parents’. By ‘mothering’ I am referring to the nature of close and nurturing relationships that usually grows between either or both birth parents and their children, and the way in which young children learn from their home environments.

Those who indicate an interest in taking part in my research would need to fulfil the following criteria:

• Be a birth mother or birth father, with a child or children under18

• To be working in the sector of early childhood education in one of the following roles:

o Childminder

o Early Years Practitioner in full day care

o Early Years Practitioner in a part-time pre-school, playgroup

o Teacher working in reception class

o Children’s Centre Practitioner, working in a role directly with children and parents

• Able to have regular access and use of e-mail for communication

• Willing to spend time regularly communicating with me, usually by e-mail.

If you are interested in participating in my research please contact me directly by e-mail on earlyyears@janetuwins.co.uk or edp09jau@sheffield.ac.uk for more information

Janet Uwins

I emailed Janet direct and the information she returned to me about her research sounded really interesting. I have long suspected that we bring more of ourselves to the job than any other career. I hope that I get the chance to help with her research but even if I don't I would love to read the final result.

I'd be happy to help, my daughter will be 17 in 2 weeks time ( :o ) and I've been a childminder since she was 3.

Nona

Hi Nona

If you're interested please can you contact me directly for more information on earlyyears@janetuwins.co.uk or edp09jau@sheffield.ac.uk

Look forward to hearing from you

Janet

Would be really happy to help, sounds very interesting.

Hi Slimbridge

If you're interested please can you contact me directly for more information on earlyyears@janetuwins.co.uk or edp09jau@sheffield.ac.uk

Look forward to hearing from you

Janet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)