Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Development

:o Hi I have an assessment to hand in by tomorrow regarding children's behaviour ,I need to add more about the factors that influence children's behaviour such as:

1 Innate, maturation and reflexes.

2 The concept of self with regards to James Williams

3 How the child's culture, families and friends have an influence on their behaviour.

Thought I had written enough but my tutor wants more, can anyone help me please. Cheers :D

No. 3 could be a thesis on its own, couldn't it? :D

Families, etc all exert influence on children's behaviour due to their similarities and differences in their expectations. Family arguments often start up because Mum and Dad have opposing views about discipline, positive reinforcements, rewards and punishments, and when the wider family get in the act, the problem gets worse and worse! Friends can be very helpful offering advice and suggesting things that worked for them, but the more friends you speak to, the greater the variations in advice, and parents then don't know which advice is best!

You could give examples of differing reswponses to certain behaviours, maybe? And how those responses could elicit different behaviour from the child?

No. 3 could be a thesis on its own, couldn't it?  :D

Families, etc all exert influence on children's behaviour due to their similarities and differences in their expectations. Family arguments often start up because Mum and Dad have opposing views about discipline, positive reinforcements, rewards and punishments, and when the wider family get in the act, the problem gets worse and worse! Friends can be very helpful offering advice and suggesting things that worked for them, but the more friends you speak to, the greater the variations in advice, and parents then don't know which advice is best!

You could give examples of differing reswponses to certain behaviours, maybe? And how those responses could elicit different behaviour from the child?

34272[/snapback]

Hm wish I'd seen this earlier but the third one looks to me like it could be expecting an answer on the work of Urie Bronfenbrenner - or is that going a bit too deep for your assignment? 'The Ecology of Human Development' and all that?

1. Maturation- consider the development of self esteem and identity, how this affects behaviour towards others whilst defining their place in the world. Behaviour seen as quiet and controlled could be the lack of esteem. Also the fact that children are unable to perceive the others point of view, this includes their feelings, their space, their possessions etc. can provoke certain behaviours.

Innate - as a guess, we all have defence reactions, ( flight or fight)especially if someone is in our space or appear to be attacking, this is controlled with maturity ( or not).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)