Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Conduct Policy

Hello,

I was asked recently if we had a policy on staff conduct by a learning advisor. As we don't have an official policy I was wondering if anyone else has one I could modify to my setting please ?

Hi

We have the following PLA policies, employment and staffing, and induction, but I've just flicked through them none of them specifically relate to staff conduct. Other policies such as equality, SEN, keyperson etc stipulate how staff should conduct themselves in their job role. In addition we also have a mobile phone and social networking policy.

Could you give a little bit more information about what the advisor felt that a staff conduct policy should cover?

Hi Deb,

Yes I have the PLA policy pack which doesn't have one in specifically on conduct. I think she means, what they should wear at work and any restrictions eg. cut off tops , jewellery, high heeled shoes etc. How they behave when in pre-school uniform , smoking etc. She also touched on inappropriate use of mobile phones and facebook .

A lot of this is covered in other policies such as the no smoking policy and mobile phone/social networking. Uniform, jewellery, appropriate dress is also covered in our induction procedure which forms part of our induction policy, and student placement guidelines.

The only thing I can't place is 'how staff should behave in uniform' off the top of my head, but that might be covered by a sentence in the induction procedure.

Sorry, I know that's not much help. At last count I think we have over 30 policies so I guess I'm basically saying that this would be covered elsewhere, though I suppose it would be useful in a single policy but only if you have a particular issue maybe.