Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pre-school Activity Ideas

HI all,

I am wondering if any of you that work in pre-school can tell me what your favourite activities to do with the children are.

i am needing to focus on PSRN activities - letters and sounds and just general fun activities that children 2 - 4 and a half can engage in and enjoy.

I am struggling for fun and inspired ideas..... my inspiration has gone on holiday LOL.

any help really appreciated

Dawn

Hi i like tillys soup

you have a puppet called Tilly. a bowl, a spoon and lots of ingredients e.g worms, spiders.

Tell the chioldren tilly wants to make a soup. Tilly wispers in your ear what she needs e.g 2 spiders. Choiose a child to put 2 spiders in and mix the soup and so on!

Thanks, Tilly's soup is a great idea :-)

Beau - it is suggestions for all three - just my mind has gone numb recently so i need some inspiration :o

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dawn,

I work in a nursery, and my children have recently really got into jigsaw puzzles. It's a lovely way for them to work together especially using a big floor jigsaw.

Other ideas that pop into my mind are....

- metal mike, my children have really enjoyed accessing this by themselves following some sessions where we have played it. (see letters and sounds) or ask if you don't know him.

- Bingo, shape or number bingo is always a fun group game.

- Junk modelling or in a group designing a robot/monster etc. either all together, individually or in pairs using construction like duplo or pop poids.

- We put ducks with numbered dots on them and use nets to catch them and see if the children can identify the number of dots correctly.

I usually find that if you do these activities as a group and then leave them out the children will access them independently.

Also letters and sounds has quite a few good game ideas.

Hope this helps!

Zoziebell x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)