Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Creativity

Hi

Found a poem that I wanted to share.

Don't think this kind of thing happens in foundation stage but let it be a warning to all. (think I was guilty of this kind of thing as an NQT with Year 2s, around making Christmas decorations etc). Early years has taught me so much! :D

The_little_boy___creativity.rtf

We're about to embark on a creative curriculum week. I've printed out the poem and will pin it up in the staff room in my role as art coordinator. You don't need to say anything else, do you?

Angela

Not proud to say this but I know I am guilty at times of doing this - possibly pandering to parents needs of what they would like to see - as much as I try to educate the parents - seems to take up so much of my time - I still feel that they just don't get it and then I start questioning myself about what I am doing. I know that I am right it's just convincing those some of those pesky competitive parents who want to see results which are tangible - ie identifiable. Must print this one out and give it to the girls as a timely reminder. thanks

Nikki

This is one of the reasons that I do 50 o/o of the art work as a group activity to be dispayed in the hall then photographed and put in our album for all to see. All the children that have helped, sign their name on the artwork. I find this way very good for developing P.S.E. skills Sometimes it is impossible to produce individual masterpieces. to take home.Tomorrow the children will be using large pasting brushes and water to paint the hall.Unfortunately many children don't have access to simple craft mterials at home now. Some Parents don't want to bother to give ther children pencils and paper. Playdough and scissors are a definate no-no.

Thanks Louise,

I have seen this one before a long time ago and had completely forgotten about it. I'll be printing and laminating it to go in the creative area and pointing certain parents in it's direction. :D

• 4 months later...

This is definately going up - maybe even in the next newsletter!!

We had a parent last year, who, everytime she picked her son up would say "and another one for the bin!" as he handed her his 'present' that he made her. We tried and tried to explain that it wasn't the end product that was important, but the amount of effort and thought that he had put in.

She wouldn't have it and asked me to collect the other 'rubbish' from the boot of her car! I did and made a display on how to recycle - he was thrilled because he could remember some of the bits he'd stuck on to certain boxes.

Can't win 'em all, but it will never change our way we do things!

Just wish I had this poem last year, she would have been the first to receive it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)