Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Registers

We usually buy our register from the PLA, but the format of the most recent version isn`t that good for our pre-school setting (we will probably need a new register each term, which obviously isn`t ideal). Does anyone know who else sells registers?

I don't know of any other publishers of registers but I found that it was easier to design my own on a spreadsheet giving the details that I need and I can add to it as necessary.

My format is per week, childrens names on the far left, then columns for d.o.b, a coloured column to show who is funded and how many sessions then I have 10 more blank columns 2 for each day of the week, 1st column "in time" second coloum "out time". Recording on entry & exit is done manually.

On an adjacent sheet I have 3 blank coloums per day; which are headed;

Time, Children, Adults - so we can see at a glance 9am 16ch 4 adults, each time a child or adult enters or leaves the number change is recorded.

Hope this makes sense, if you want I will try and attach an example, but have to get it from my laptop.

Peggy

Hi JPH

I too make my own register using a spread sheet, just as Peggy does. I find it is easier when it comes to updating when new children start and I don't have to write the names in by hand.

I do know though that Playgroup Network have a register-you can find their web site here. You could give them a ring and somebody will give you an idea of what it is like. It only costs £3.

Linda

We use the Playgroup Network register. We used to use the PLA one but find the Playgroup Network one has more room for recording time in and time out.

Here is the promised attachment. Hope you have excel. I print the main (1st worksheet) register at the beginning of term, then add new names as needed.

Sheet 2 & 3 I print for each week and use a comb binder to make into the register.

Each "cell" has a calculation formular so if you add rows you will need to change these formula to ensure the correct figures.

Any questions just ask.

Peggy

SUMMER_2005__REGISTER.xls

Glad I am not the only one who dislikes the PSLA register and I phoned them to tell them so. In an emergency it would be absolute hell to find out just who is in and out as with 37 children on roll it would go over two pages. Purchased another one that I didn't like - so thank you Peggy I am going to adapt yours - I have enough trouble reading across the end of the page, folding it and trying to make it square so I don't mark the wrong child in - my eyesight is appalling and I have awful trouble counting those little "// thinks. So why didn't I think of this - one page a week all in a file - makes so much sense - once again Peggy you've come up trumps. thank you

Nikki

Guest doohanok5

Thanks Peggy, I too have found the new PLA register totally unsuitable. Your spreadsheet looks fab! :D

Glad I could help,

All of you who adapt and use my spreadsheet please be aware that formula's are set in different cells, they are not locked and can be changed but you will need to double check them to ensure the wrong total figures are not displayed.

Hope that makes sense :o

Peggy

• 2 weeks later...

ok girls you were right new Pla register is usless, rang them and complained and they said tough!!! i can send it back, but they couldnt even tell me were else i could get one from, going down Peggys road i think do my own!!! :oxD:D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)