Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Corrdior Display

Hi all

Its that time of year when christmas displays are getting put up in the classrooms and corridors etc. As you are all aware EYFS displays are different compared to the rest of the school. I have a large corridor display board outside my classroom and my idea for a display is to split the board in to the 6 different areas and display childrens work e.g. photographs of them taking part in christmas role-play, decorating the christmas tree, making snowman pictures, baking cakes, angels for on top of the tree, etc etc. are there any other suggestions for the display that anyone can give me or do you think i am on the right track????

thanks kate

I think that sounds like a lovely idea and possibly one that could see you through to the new year BUT what is your school policy/proceedure? It also sounds like a work in progress but do you have a date by which your display needs to be up, will it be on show to visitors in the school at this time and when is that?

Ive often displayed cards or calendars but that also means they need to be completed sooner rather than later so what does everyone else do?

thanks susan, it would need to be up during the next couple of weeks and i did think that it would be a work in progress and might be quite difficult to get the wall complete in that time. Other classes do one activity e.g. snowman collages or angels etc and they put that up in a display. the board i have is quite big and i feel i wont be able to do an activity like that I also wanted to show a variety. visitors will be able to have a look around the school at displays yes.

kate :o

We do Christmas displays in our school based on a 2-colour theme. Last year was red and green so I made 2 giant elves, one girl and one boy. We drew around 2 of the children, modified the outlines for the clothes, pointy ears and curly toes and then painted and collaged them using lots of green and red. The children loved them. We stuck them on our window with a big handprint Christmas tree. I didn't want to take them down!!

You could make a big thing ie Christmas tree and then have squares that look like parcels but on the parcel shapes have pictures of the children doing things....that way you will start with a tree and a few parcels at the base of it and then as the month goes on the parcels will get piled higher and higher....does that make any sense at all?

You could use your idea of having the 6 areas but make it a year round display, updating the photos for special times like Christmas and maybe adding a few extras, e.g. holly and tinsel for Christmas, daffodils for spring etc. If you contacted over the main display you could add and change photos easily without risking ripping the backing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)