Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

C7 Questions Help

Can anyone help with these questions please?

1. C7.1 – KUS 14 Comment on the role parents play in their children's

welfare and development. State how a child-care worker can.

1 Help

2 Support and

3 Promote this role

C7.1 – KUS 16 State how and when information can be shared with

parents and carers (try to cover a range of settings, i.e. day

nursery, playgroup, school. Childminder). Explain the procedures for

storing and accessing information regarding behaviour in each setting.

3. C7.2 – KUS 5 What is positive reinforcement? – Give examples

What are the advantages of promoting positive aspects of behaviour?

C7.3 – KUS 2 Explain the techniques for observing and monitoring

children's behaviour:

a) Individually

:o In groups

What is relevant and irrelevant information?

Describe what information you need when monitoring/recording

children's behaviour and say why you need it? – Create an example

observation sheet you could use in your setting for this purpose.

Positive reinforcement:

Focusing on, and encouraging, good behaviour, removing the focus from negative behaviour.

E.g.

"Well done Joe - I can see you're busy tidying."

"I really like the way you're turning the pages of the book carefully Sam."

"Zak is ready to listen - he's got his lips closed and he's looking at me."

The reinforcement may also include rewards, such as stickers, or special jobs, like being the day's special helper.

Promoting positive behaviour can boost their self-esteem, making them feel worthwhile (when so many are made to feel worthless). Let's face it, we all like to feel appreciated or to be told we're good, and it's the same for children. In honing in on this behaviour, not only do you make your children more productive, i.e. they continue the postivie aspect of behaviour that you focused on, but the productivity spreads: we like to be told we're good, so children will prick up their ears at hearing someone else be praised, and tend to then behave in a similar manner. The hope is, that the good behaviour spreads to all corners of the setting. We also hope that next time the behaviour will be instinctive, in the hope of getting the reward - be that verbal praise or a sticker, or whatever. I'm trying a phase of giving occasional stickers for tidying up, as this is an area my children are quite poor at. I've done this a couple of times where I've said "Blah and Blah can have stickers for such fantastic tidying. Thankyou so much for your help", whereupone the rest of the children start on that "I tidied!" I've also been known to give everyone a sticker for good tidying. It's kind of experimental though, and I'm not sure whether it amounts to anything more than bribery and corruption!

Finally - in being positive yourself, you create a more positive atmosphere, whereas focusing on the negative fuels negativity in yourself and others.

I think I've had too much wine. I'll shut up now!

Wow Diddldonna, that's a long question! :D

To encourage other members to give you the benefit of their wisdom, it might be easier if you break down your questions, perhaps into different posts. :) Also, perhaps you could tell us what you do in your setting regarding these issues; then we could see if we can fill in the gaps.

Have you come across the NVQ article about C7 on the site, and the article about observation and assessment?

C7.1 (14)

We help and support parents and carers by acknowledging that they are the child's first educators, and by showing respect at all times. We can sympathise when they have difficulties and make gentle, sensitive suggestions to help them. Very often we are asked for advice and we need to give this in a friendly, yet professional manner. We can also say that we don't have all the answers, but that we can liaise with outside agencies to help.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)