Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assembly

Hi everyone,

next week it is our class assembly (REC) (our class deliver to the whole school) we normally do the RE topic but it doesn't fall right this time.

I was wondering if you could thik of any ideas maybe linked to a story that have a theme e.g. being kind.

I've drawn a blank.

Lucie

How about making new friends & linking in with the Getting on & Falling out SEAL topic? When we got back after half term, I read Lost and Found to my class. It's such a lovely story and beautifully illustrated but we were having a couple of issues where old friendships from pre-school were being superseded by new ones with the old friends being left behind and often on their own. We talked about the penguin being lonely and what lonely meant and how it felt as well. The children came up with some tips for what to do if someone is feeling lonely, needs to make new friends, how to make new friends, as well as talking about what they would do if they were the penguin/the little boy. Perhaps you could do a top tips for making new friends or something like that?

Hi what about the smartest Giant in town? (but leaving out the trousers are falling down bit!) We had to do our class assembly on compassion (C of E school!) and did this story with the children dressed as the different animals and I read the story out.

Deb

I did my assembly last week using the SEAL topic (getting on and falling out) and did goldilocks and the 3 bears. I started with a quick version of the story using a PP I made to use with my class (The children all loved this and joined in with the story-'WHO'S BEEN SITTING IN MY CHAIR?!!!!! Haha). Then I said, 'And that's usually the end of the story but we've been thinking about what Goldilocks might do next' followed by a few ideas from children from other classes, which I steered towards Goldilocks being sorry, then suggestions from the children of what she could do to make up for it. My favourite was that she could have a party and invite baby bear to it (aww!). Then I wrapped it up by my class getting up and showing some of the sorry letters they had written from Goldilocks.

I'll attach the Powerpoint for you in case you want to use it x

Goldilocks_and_the_Three_bears_PP.pptx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)