Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Profile Statement Cll5 Reading

hello :D

I am struggling with profile statement CLL5 reading - Shows an understanding of the elements of stories, such as main character, sequence of events and opening. xD

The profile handbook has not really helped to clarify it but I think maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Just wondered what kind of evidence others have and from what kind of activities (other than sequencing pictures from a story) people have used.

any suggestions greatly appreciated :o

Thanks

Lizz x

We have acted out stories in person and with puppets, e.g. Jack and the beanstalk. The children can then tell you which puppets/characters you need, and as they act out parts of the story, you can see who has the structure there, and who can join in / remember repeated refrains too.

I hate this time of year- trying to catch up with any missed assessments!

Marie

I hate this time of year because we have to do a lot of 'assumption' assessments. Because of my situation in the big room, it is very difficult to carry out observations because FS co and NNs find them to be a waste of good teaching time. It means that I have to have a fabulous memory and get a lot from the formal literacy/numeracy books. I hardly have any independent learning obs since Christmas as I made a huge effort to start off the year well, which was helped by everyone joining in, but then it was decided they were a waste of time and we were timetabled elsewhere - makes it hard when you don't have a spare minute to do the observations!!!!

thank you

We did some retelling today and I gained some good observations.

I feel for you Gater :o it must be really hard for you to be able to assess adequately without doing observations. I find it very surprising that your EY co-ordinator thinks it's a waste of time, much of our assessment is based on obs.

thanks again :D

Lizz xxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)