Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Weekly Observation Sheets

Hi all

We have had a new little girl start with us this week. She brought her learning journey from her previous nursery with her as requested so we could see what stage of development she is at etc... The file included a pre printed sheet for each week with learning outcomes down the side and space for observations and photos for activities she had done, experiences she had had that particular week - like a weekly report in some ways. I loved it and am trying to implement it in our setting - does anyone else do it this way? I like the idea of parents being able to see the sheet each but am always wary of this as some sheets would never come back!

I am in the process of re-vamping our whole planning/observation process - it is giving me a headache with so many ideas and I am no closer to choosing a particular system!

Hi all

We have had a new little girl start with us this week. She brought her learning journey from her previous nursery with her as requested so we could see what stage of development she is at etc... The file included a pre printed sheet for each week with learning outcomes down the side and space for observations and photos for activities she had done, experiences she had had that particular week - like a weekly report in some ways. I loved it and am trying to implement it in our setting - does anyone else do it this way? I like the idea of parents being able to see the sheet each but am always wary of this as some sheets would never come back!

I am in the process of re-vamping our whole planning/observation process - it is giving me a headache with so many ideas and I am no closer to choosing a particular system!

Would love to see what this sheet looks like Mollie1? x

Whilst I think the idea is lovely, it would be totally impractical for us to do with the amount of children we have.

If you are lucky enough to have the time to do these sheets then go ahead but I would really think hard and get the opinions of your staff before going ahead

It may be easier to do a monthly sheet?

Whilst I think the idea is lovely, it would be totally impractical for us to do with the amount of children we have.

If you are lucky enough to have the time to do these sheets then go ahead but I would really think hard and get the opinions of your staff before going ahead

It may be easier to do a monthly sheet?

I do see what you mean - I am worried about heaping too much onto their plates. What do you do at your setting observation wise? These sheets were quite scruffy and included sticky note obs and photos so I don't think it will take too much time but am going to trial it and see how it goes. How many key children do your staff have each? Mine have at the most 7 so I am thinking they should be able to manage it - I don't expect the sheets to be neat or perfect but I am going to think about it some more in light of your advice :)

Would love to see what this sheet looks like Mollie1? x

Giving it a try although it is in 'Word' - no idea of how to convert to PDF... I have added the boxes to show where sticky note observations and photos were in the sheets I have seen to give you an idea of what it looked like :o

Weekly_observations.docx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)