Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessment For Psed

I want to assess the children on PSED - Sense of Community. I intend to link this to Bonfire Night. The children made 'firework' pictures last week. Now, after experiencing Bonfire Night, I would like to add their own comments (in a speech bubble) to their pictures.

So, I have no problem with

22-36m Show a strong sense of self as a member of different communities, such as their family or setting.

or

40-60+m - Enjoy joining in with family customs and routines.

BUT, I am struggling with

30-50m - Make connections between different parts of their life experience.

I usually assess at 30-50m and use other statements to differentiate (where possible).

Does anyone have any suggestions? This is a 'statement' I always have problems with!

Many thanks!

would they not cover it if they were to make the connection between making the firework pictures with you and actually seeing and talking about the fireworks they have seen - either out and about or on TV /in a book ? Or telling you about other times they may have seen fireworks i.e other celebrations. It is one of the harder statements to decipher, but am sure the clue is in the word connections - even if they are only tentative connections ? :o

would they not cover it if they were to make the connection between making the firework pictures with you and actually seeing and talking about the fireworks they have seen - either out and about or on TV /in a book ? Or telling you about other times they may have seen fireworks i.e other celebrations. It is one of the harder statements to decipher, but am sure the clue is in the word connections - even if they are only tentative connections ? :o

Thank you SO much - of course, you are right. That's really helpful!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)