Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anybody Know Of Any Good Music And Movement Schemes?

Would love to find a good scheme incorporating music and movement for use in Reception which can be followed / adapted. A scheme which is fun, exciting and 'up to date' is what I'm looking for but struggling to find! Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Guest

Not sure I can help with the music element of things but in terms of movement, I'm using Jungle Journey which is a fine and gross motor programme. I do the Gross Motor activities as a 'PE' session and have seen some really good progress over the 2 terms I have been using it. My old school were using Val Sabiens but this has just been turfed out in favour of other resources which have been produced locally. I guess it depends on your objectives but there's a couple of series on cbeebies which might be a good starting place and there is a Aussie programme which involves moving & music (sorry it's been a long day!) I think it's called Hi-5 and know that they have CDs and DVDs which have some good songs the children can interact with and join in with.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)