Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

"new" Parents Evening

Hi was just wondering if anyone could help me. Tommorrow (i know i'm a bit late) is our "new" parents evening, where the parents of the children coming into my class next year come to school. I'm an NQT and next year will be my 2nd year teaching reception. Although I attended this meeting last year as I had just got the job the head didn't make me speak. However this year I know he will and I am just very nervous. As I am not a parent I am unsure as to what they will want to know - i don't want to bombard them will curriculum stuff etc. Have put together a powerpoint of photographs showing what we've been doing this year but just not sure of what to say. Any ideas welcomed. :o

Just a thought - I am not in reception but have been planning for my new intake next year - I went back and looked at the Parents video for the Foundation stage which was produced by the DFES where it covers what they learn through the ELGS etc. If you could get hold of a copy it may be worth looking at. I think it will probably be the same as in the Foundation Stage Took Kit if you have received yours.

Nikki

Just a thought - I am not in reception but have been planning for my new intake next year - I went back and looked at the Parents video for the Foundation stage which was produced by the DFES where it covers what they learn through the ELGS etc.  If you could get hold of a copy it may be worth looking at. I think it will probably be the same as in the Foundation Stage Took Kit if you have received yours. 

Nikki

33576[/snapback]

i know I might sound a bit thick here - but what is the Foundation Stage Toolkit?

Thank you so much I hadn't even thought of doing a leaflet - i hope you don't mind me pinching your idea. :D you're fab.

Me too .It is a really good idea .I have to do a power point presentation at my new school next week so thank you very much .Any other ideas would really help.Thank you

i know I might sound a bit thick here - but what is the Foundation Stage Toolkit?

33580[/snapback]

It is a set of 7 CDROMs that DfES have recently sent to all maintained settings - you can phone for a set: 0845 6022260, but your Head should have it...

Talk about daily routine, what you would like to happen at the start of the day, ie:- brought to the class room - if parents can stay ........arrangements for the end of the day - what happens at Lunch time. Outings/ visits you may arrange throughout the year - if parents can come in to help - what sort of things they can send in - newspapers, boxes. How parents are informed about the curriculum/ topics. if they will bring home books how often what are parents expected to do with them. Other home work?????

I always ask children to bring in something to remind them about about weekend news, a postcard or programme as a prompt.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)