Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef For Out Of School Club

I am just setting up an out of school club. I already run a Day Nursery and have to do a SEF for that for Ofsted. I am presuming that you have to do the same for an out of school Club.

As the children range from 3.5 to 11 and it will operate a wrap around service, I am presuming that all the normal EYFS standards apply and that we have to observe and feedback to the Nursery/Reception teachers?

Any advice welcomed - thank you

We have included our extended school provision in the main pre-school SEF. Don't know if that's right though!

Welfare requirements do apply and yes we are meant to provide for and keep records for the EYFS children. They also have to have a key person.

I've just taken over our one and feel out of my depth really but am getting there!

Yes you willk have to do a SEF but we found that many things can just be cut and pasted from the nursery SEF.

With regards to working with reception teachers - we try but teachers don't reaslly want or need our input - especially as we may ony see the child for a couple of hours per week whereas thet see them every day. What we do is ask them what their themes are and try to link in that way (This is however purely a paper exercise for OFSTED as we firmly believe that the children just want to blow off steam at the end of the day rather than do anything linked to the last 6 hours of their day)

Hopefully the new EYFS will abandon the need for observations in after school care

Thank you. I agree that children should just be provided with play opportunities and to be able to let off steam at after school clubs and that Clubs shouldn't have to link in with the EYFS curriculum as that is what School is doing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)