Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuing The Learning Journey

Continuing the Learning Journey. Has anybody else received a copy of this document (it is very pink). If you haven't do not panic its on its way! EY co-ords are responsible for delivering the training in their school, so I was informed today. It is promoting the FS and suggesting that it is continued in Y1. Does anybody else have any info?

Have read the covering letter, but haven't looked at pack - it's still in its plastic wrapper!

Letter says "enclosed training package is to support schools and LEAs in working towards improving transition between FS and KS1 and to illustrate the effective use of information from the FS profile.

Package aims to

- establish an understanding of the principles of the FS

- show how these principles can be used to ensure an effective transition into KS1

- promote continuity in learning by ensuring year 1 staff are aware of children's achievements and can implement the next steps in their learning

- show how information from the FS profile can be used to support school development"

ALL this before September!!

There's another useful DfES publication out too - The Foundation Stage toolkit, which consists entirely of CDROMs. Contains loads of stuff from Birth to 3 Matters, The FS curriculum guidance and Profile, Celebrating Young Children, examples of FS practice and FSP assessments etc. Definitely worth getting and sharing with colleagues and (some) with parents.

As a non maintained session group we don't receive the pink folder but I was at a KEEP course yesterday where it was discussed - They did run through the Foundation Stage Tool Kit - that looks a definite must for anyone working the foundation stage - finally appear to be moving with the times. Cannot wait to receive mine - there are about 6 CD's, loads of information that can be cut and pasted, information pack/cd for parents, the curriculum guidance to the foundation stage on CD I think too, great resource for cutting and pasting info to parents - it really looks good - and whatsmore it's all packed into

As a non maintained sessional group we don't receive the pink folder but I was at a KEEP course yesterday where it was discussed - They did run through the Foundation Stage Tool Kit - that looks a definite must for anyone working the foundation stage - finally appear to be moving with the times. Cannot wait to receive mine - there are about 6 CD's, loads of information that can be cut and pasted, information pack/cd for parents, the curriculum guidance to the foundation stage on CD I think too, great resource for cutting and pasting info to parents - it really looks good - and whatsmore it's all packed into something no bigger than a double video box. No huge folders hanging around, falling off shelves etc. I think this is what they might call progress.

Nikki